Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Into the Water I Went

 “…having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through your faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.” Colossians 2:12

 I have been baptized! I’ve waited so long for this day! Many opportunities had gone by before this one, but I don’t regret it - this was the right time! When I understood what the baptism stands for and its deep meaning I wanted mine to be special. I did not want just anybody to baptize me either, it needed to be a spiritual father to me, and I found one in Panama.

I'm thrilled she was there...

 Pastor Danny, our contact there, encouraged me in so many ways without even realizing it. I felt lead by God when I asked him to do what Matthew 28:19 says on my life. Being buried and raised with in baptism to declare publicly my faith and devotion for Him and His sacrifice meant the world to me. The setting was perfect - perfect place and perfect companionship for that special moment.




 I also got to teach English for some really awesome dudes from La Comarca on Wednesday. It was such a blessing to teach English because no one ever taught it to me. I simply learned it by the grace of God. Their passion was not limited to learning the English lesson but also for the different ways the Lord takes care of them.


 Before we headed back to Costa Rica, I got a great reminder of Jesus’s sacrifice for all of us. On Easter Sunday at Panama International Church they had an illustrated sermon about Christ’s journey to the cross and then His resurrection. It was such a refreshing service with some graphic scenes that really made me remember how much Jesus suffered for us, how He chose to be obedient just so that our unworthy souls could be forgiven.

 Goodbye Panama, so many lessons and memories piled up in such a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment